Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prog-Pod


I’m sitting at a desk looking out at this gorgeous day and working on some GCO updates. We’ve been working on some new tunes and are looking forward to breaking those out this summer. Thanks to all the Facebook fans who voted on which band to cover first… we’ll be adding a cover of a Yes song to our set this summer as well. Watch for its debut at the Mankato Arts Festival! Can’t wait!

All of our albums are now available on I-Tunes, people! Listen, download, leave some reviews! Actually, I was just thinking about updating our “News” section on our website, which hasn’t been updated in WAY too long and thought – I could just let everyone know about the I-Tunes add on Blogger instead. What are your thoughts?.. should we change our “News” section to a “Blog” section instead? Hmmm… So many things to think about when you’re in a band!

I had a great time this past weekend traveling with my hubby, John, and band buddies Trent Romens and Billy Thommes. Billy had his Prog-pod, as he liked to call it, rockin and I got to listen to some sweet Crimson, Yes and all kinds of new music (new to me, at any rate). I had no idea the Mars Volta had such crazy chops!

It was a fun weekend of music-listening and I felt inspired to dig out some classical music. I started working on my old audition piece, Mozart’s Concerto in A Major. Man, that’s a tough piece of music, especially since I lost my old copy and, thus, no longer have my teacher’s trusty fingerings to help me out. I definitely like the idea of getting some of my classical chops back. I’ll keep working at it. You never know, maybe GCO will play some Mozart for ya’ll this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment